Friday, February 13, 2009

Here it Goes

Alright, I've been hesitant to post this because I feel like a schmuck but... We gave Roxy back to Jadeth on Tuesday. Before you burn me at the stake for taking away Jacob's dog, you have to know the kids are totally fine with it.
Roxy was a major liability, every time we opened the back door she would try to jump the wall to get to the neighbors dogs. Which she did twice. Luckily Brian got her the first, but do you know how terrifying it was for me to jump the wall and break up a dog fight???!! I had to carry her out of the yard with her squirming and two dogs trying to jump to get her. You get the point. It was also fun the two times JJ opened the front door and she took off running, we were hoping there wasn't anyone out walking their dog!! She almost tipped the stroller over on a walk because dogs on both sides of the street were barking. The list goes on and on!!
The last straw was her growling at JJ, which thankfully she warned him that he was getting on her nerves, but JJ thought it was funny and would jump on her at that point, once again another worry.
Jadeth gave her to us because he was moving to SLC and didn't have a place for her. He was sad because he's had her since she was a puppy and she really was his baby. Well, last week he called Brian and said he found a place with a yard and if we ever had to get rid of her, he would really like her back. WOW! That worked out great for me!! It really was a cute reunion!!
I can open the door and not worry!! Oh yea, did I mention she chewed the door jams and the banister one day we left her home alone?
I feel bad but since the kids are fine, I feel much better. I'm keeping my eye out for a cute little cocker spaniel that doesn't jump!!

No comments:

Post a Comment