How did I get that title?? Well, on the list was letting them eat Cheetos as part of their dinner (Brian was gone, what the heck!!)
Every year the local radio station has a St. Jude fundraiser for three days. You just call and donate $20 a month for the next year. They also offer incentives to get people to join. Well, this year when I renewed they were giving away 2 Nascar tickets for Saturdays race. Brian and Dave are helping their parents move so they were going to be down there anyway..Need I remind you how big a fan Brian is?? If you go back and look at all his pictures, I'm pretty sure most of them he's in his Kurt Busch shirt!! Anyway, I figured he and Dave could go. When I went to pick them up they had a HUGE stack and I asked if I could have one more figuring Brian could take Jacob and Joey since Dave's not That big of a fan and the gal said "Of Course!!" and gave me three!! I did feel guilty about not getting one for Dave, but I felt dumb asking for 1!
I called Brian and he was sooo excited! Well, about two hours later Brian called and said Dave really wants to go so if I could just go back and ask for another one that would be great.
HUH??? I was already embarrassed to ask for the third because, it's for St. Jude not tickets right!?!?!? Well, being the wonderful wife that I am, loaded the kids in the car and drove down to the radio station. Hoping the whole way that the volunteers were on lunch or something so I wouldn't feel like a mooch!
I walked in and of course it was all the same people and no phones were ringing so they all heard me ask for another ticket. I offered to make another 1 time donation to make up for it. The one guy among all the ladies said " What do you think this is, Burger King? Just have it your way?" Then proceeded to laugh!!! LOL!! That made me feel better and the gal with the tickets was so nice and gave me another one... does that make me the best sis-in-law in history also??
No comments:
Post a Comment