Ok, so I'm not one to complain at least I don't think! I usually take things in stride, oh it's ok, it could be worse..
Two weeks out of the month I get migraine's, this week I happen to have a head cold also.. one of my best friends moved on New Years Day, the other one being 3 hours away, and the almost 2 year old I babysit 3 days a week is here today and he and JJ have this love hate relationship which results in alot of screaming of "No, and Mine!" at the top of Jack's little lungs.
Jack was in the highchair and JJ took off the tray and yes, Jack ended up on the floor face and knees down. He cried in a way I knew he was hurt just didn't know how bad.
Fast forward a few hours to the kids playing with Roxy in the backyard when Haylee screams followed by Joey yelling and Jacob coming in "Roxy jumped the fence!" Brian and I ran out, jumped the neighbors wall and Brian grabbed her out of the pack of dogs barking up a storm. Turns out she used Jacob's face as a step and got over. We put her in the garage on "time out" and assessed the situation.
Christi calls (Jack's mom) long story short Jack's leg is BROKEN! He has a fracture above his ankle that the Dr. calls a toddler break. This is the same boy that when he was learning to crawl burned his hands on my fireplace glass.. nice babysitter huh??? I'm surprised Christi hasn't killed me!
All I can say is, "could be worse, right??"
I had to check to see if you'd blog tonight, it's great (and free!) therapy, right??? You are just racking up your list of things to talk about on our cruise so that I don't get to do all the talking! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry your day was so rough... You are such an amazing and nurturing person and it was just a crazy accident. Jack will be fine, kids heal so fast. And even though it's hard to imagine today, it could have been worse!!
As for the dog, I am thinking an electric fence??? LOL
You need a nice hot bath, some chocolate and a good cry. Then lace up those shoes tomorrow and go for a walk. Maybe we should buy headsets and coordinate our walks so that we can still gossip. People would think we were crazy! Ha ha!!!
Tomorrow HAS to be better! I love ya!!! :)