Friday, August 27, 2010
From a bag of garbage??
I asked Joey to take out the trash last night. He came in with red all over his hand and I could tell he was nervous... He started to tell me he swung the garbage bag to put it in the can and it hit JJ, when JJ came through the door holding his head and crying.
Then I saw the dripping of blood.... head wounds bleed ALOT!!!!
I grabbed a towel & JJ and yelled at Brian to get in the car. Poor baby cried the whole way. It wasn't until I was walking into the ER that I realized I didn't have shoes....gross.... Luckily for me no one was there and the sweet nurse gave me a pair of socks without my even asking haha.
She took our info and put some numbing gel on his head. Waited a few and they took us back to a room. Can I tell you how glad I was that we were here in little St. George rather than huge Las Vegas?? Dr. put more numbing gel and waited 30 minutes to let it take then came back with a staple gun. He said because it was on the hairline we didn't need to worry about stitches and a scar. They put him in a pillowcase and wrapped a blanket around him so he couldn't move or grab anything and 5 staples later he was done!!
JJ was so brave Brian took him to the taco place with a slide and got him a chocolate shake :)
Ok, so here is the sad part....
We kept calling the kids to let them know he was fine and we'd be home soon... thank goodness my nephew Eric was here so we didn't worry about anything at home and didn't have to bring the twins!!
Anyway, I could tell in their voices that the boys were so scared and sad. We came home and went to their room to show them he was fine. Joey was curled up on his bed holding JJ's blanket and bawling!!! His head shot up when we walked in and his eyes were red and puffy and tears streaming down his face, his whole body was shaking! We grabbed him, gave him a hug and told him no big deal, JJ was fine. I looked in Jacob's bed and he was crying too! Good grief my poor boys were traumatized!!
My heart broke for them but on the other hand I'm glad that they realize how much they love each other ;)
Jacob & Joey keep giving JJ their toys and playing with him...so sweet ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Poor JJ. I would have freaked out! He did so well though....and bravo to those big brothers for worrying so much! You have the sweetest kids!
ReplyDelete