Monday, April 6, 2009

Blue & Gold Banquet

Last Tuesday was our Banquet, and I've been stressing out about it all month. I feel the pressure of being in charge and I can't sleep and just worry.
We had a meeting and planned everything about a month ago, dinner, dessert, decorations, talent show etc...
Two days before the event I find out the building is overbooked and the Stake function has priority. Ok, so we just decided to cram everyone in one of the rooms. I got a call Monday night that we are not allowed to eat anywhere in the church except the gym, even though enrichment was the week before and they ate in the same room!
The weather has been horrible so I called to see when the gym was available.. not for two weeks! We just decided to do it outside and be done with it.
We got there and tried balloons. You can see the wind had them going!
It was so cold my mouth was numb (not cool when you're conducting!)
We started with dinner which was lasagna, salad, bread which went ok, then the kids scattered.
Called everyone back together to get started and had their attention for about 3 min then the kids scattered again, turn around to see some dad's were playing football and the boys wanted to also!
Called everyone back again.
We had three Arrow of Light ceremonies that is a huge deal for these scouts. I had a friend come in dressed in camo to shoot the arrows, after he shot what happened? Everyone scattered.
Called everyone back again.
By this time I was so mad. The parents wouldn't even pretend to care to help us out!
Going through the ceremony I actually yelled at the guys behind me on three separate times to be quiet so we could finish. A couple other mom's were telling them also but they didn't care.
Finished the ceremony and got out the cake, now the boys come running!
We didn't even do the talent show, I wanted out of there ASAP!
I'm glad that's over and I see where the kids get there manners from, stinkin parents!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment