Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What a Week

I know I'm so behind on my blog!! I can't find my camera and I haven't exactly had the energy to search, I just got over another yucky cold.
I did have a hard week, I haven't felt the babies move and at first I thought I was just busy and not paying attention so last Thur I really started to focus and I felt nothing!
I talked myself out of going to the Dr but over the weekend my anxiety just got worse, I mean, it's not my first rodeo so I know what to expect and with two shouldn't I be feeling double time??
Monday morning after I took the kids to school I headed to my Dr's office.. he's in surgery on Mondays but just wait here and I'll get his assistant. So while I'm waiting I start to feel really silly for being there and think maybe I'm overreacting and I should just leave. The assistant comes out and states that she can hook me up to the monitor but she is not legally allowed to read me the results and that I should head over to Labor and Delivery to be monitored. I told her no, I'll just come back when my Dr is back in the office and she said no way, go to L&D and I'll call to tell them you're coming. No leaving now!!
Good grief so as I'm walking over there (right across the street) I'm hoping they don't call Dr. Ott out of surgery for nothing and I'm embarrassed and worried at the same time so I start getting misty eyed when I told the nurse why I was there.
She starts to console me which makes me worse and tells me I can't take JJ with me so she'll just call Dr. Ott and see what he wants to do.. No way, I told her, I'll just come back when she informs me that she's not letting me go until we find out what's going on. Great.....
So she goes back to her desk behind the double doors and comes out 2 min later and says Dr. Ott is at my desk! He's in between surgeries and he'll take me to the office and do an ultrasound.
So this sweet guy comes out the door in scrubs and a smile telling me no worries, we'll find out what's going on and hopefully it's nothing serious.
I'm crying and don't know if I'm more embarrassed or scared lol!
Long story short.. sorry for the babbling ;) He puts the probe on my belly and my 2 sweet boys are kicking and punching away!! The placenta is in front and blocking me from feeling them! WHO KNEW?!?!? I sure hope it moves because that is my favorite part of being pregnant, feeling the baby move!!
Wow, sorry for the long story but what a great day I had after that visit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment