Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm Done!

Back in Oct I started a CNA class that I've been wanting to take for so long but just never had the opportunity. I LOVED it!!
So for the last 8 weeks Brian has been a SAINT and took care of the kids, house, homework, bed, etc.. 4 nights a week so I could do this ;)
I left at 5:30 and got home around 8:45 and then 3 Saturdays I worked at a care center from 6am to 2pm and he never complained one bit!!

I had to do a presentation on the bladder and he actually made me a model with tubing and containers for the kidneys and a sky ball for the bladder with red netting as the muscle to hold it in place! He mounted it all inside a 5 gal bucket he cut in half.. totally cool ;) I'm so bummed I didn't get a picture of it but how great is he???
I have to say it was a blast!! I met a gal in my class that has turned out to be a really good friend and a guy at the care center that is a quadriplegic. His name is Emmett and I took Brian and the kids back to meet him and they all love him!! We had him transported to our house for Thanksgiving and he kept saying, "If I live to be 100 years old, I'll remember this day forever!" He just had a huge smile on his face all day and the kids loved him! He talked football and they were hooked lol!
It has been a busy busy busy few months, thus the lack of posts, so sorry! But it also has been so much fun. I would love to take a Phlebotomy class and Biology but we'll have to see how it all works out ;)
I finished the class with a 93%, not bad for an old lady who hasn't been in school in well, FOREVER!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me !!! You are definitely not old and not stupid. I am so glad that you the guy come over that is awesome. I love my job with special ed. I am in a position where I am serving and making a difference in people's lives everyday. It sounds like you are to. It is an amazing feeling. I learn so much from my students despite their autism or down syndrome. I am so happy for you. I was going to get CNA certified when I worked at the retirement home in the Alzheimer unit, but plans changed. It is a great line of work. Luv ya lots and miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I just found your blog randomly but I just finished my CNA course as well so I just wanted to say... welcome to the feild and Congrats! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete